REPORT TO PARENTS, CARERS + STUDENTS WITH CONFIDENCE
Get the training, tools, resources + documents to create highly professional parent teacher interviews (BONUS REPORT WRITING COURSE)
Early Childhood, Primary & Secondary Teachers in their first 5 years of teaching, to help navigate parent teacher interviews (PTI) with the right tools and strategies so you can feel confident during these important professional events in your career.
Created to reduce your time spent searching 'how to' and mentor you in the areas you need (immediate access once you join) so you can reduce your stress, time spent worrying about different components + provide you with key knowledge so you can walk into these events with a good amount of confidence.
Research shows that up to 85% of experienced teachers will experience moderate to high anxiety and/or stress during formal reporting + PTI's time, while over 95% in beginning teachers in their first 5 years will experience moderate to high anxiety and / or stress.
To reduce your overwhelm, you have access to professional tools (that you won't find anywhere else) and training that will provide you with the confidence you need.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL TOOLS:
- an editable template that structures your PTI's for consistency and meeting AITSL standards and ensures you deliver professional feedback in a consistent manner;
- scripts that model professional responses, for dealing with potential conflict, defensiveness or aggression, when discussing challenging behaviour;
- universal fears + needs framework to fast track your skill and ability to connect with parents to provide clear meaningful feedback;
- I share my 20+ years of experience and knowledge, so you can begin your career with confidence;
- digital and printable recording template for during PTI to model highly proficiency level of teaching;
- apply my follow up process that demonstrates a high level of professionalism;
- set of strategies to navigate all types of conversations with a professional response including uncomfortable, aggressive, dismissive, confronting, disrespectful etc...
YOUR PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Professional structured plan for your PTI event from beginning to end;
- Full support and guidance on room set up, accessing data with ease during PTI & waiting area setup;
- Multiple checklists to reduce your stress and ensure you are organised and on track;
- Learn to structure PTI's to the professional teaching standards;
- A guide to provide parents with a consistent professional experience;
- Seating plan options + organisational strategies for PTI's;
- How to transition from one interview to the next confidently, when under time constraints;
- Model a professional attitude that will leave parents feeling excited that you are their child's educator;
- Hints, tips and tricks for successful PTI's including the little things that experience has shown me;
- Confidently turn potential conflict Into a productive conversation;
- Learn some NLP and Language strategies to connect and build rapport with parents;
- Walk through scripts and examples to develop professional language when navigate challenging conversations;
- Create invitations including a template + editable link (optional extras);
- (secret task) I highly recommend you use as part of the concluding strategy;
- Apply my follow up strategy so parents, carers and students feel valued and significant;
- BONUS TRAINING MODULE - how to raise and discuss issues around possible learning issues with a professional sensitive manner that demonstrates your ability to carry out the teaching standards with high compentency;
RECENTLY UPDATED + NOW INCLUDES A FULL CLASS SET OF INDIVIDUAL PROGRESS REPORT TEMPLATES FOR THE GENERAL CAPABILITIES THAT INCLUDES RECORDING GROWTH OVER SEMESTER 1 and 2
PREP to YEAR 10 EDITABLE TEMPLATES DONE FOR YOU
Simply download, print + use in your upcoming PTI
A VERY VALUABLE ADDITION TO YOUR ASSESSMENT & REPORTING
"I was not sleeping and so stressed worrying about writing reports and then the parent teacher interviews. My mentor teacher didn't show me anything and I was really left in the dark. I had spent hours re-doing the report comments after my Principal had edits on every draft comment. The whole process just overwhelmed me the first time & I could have walked away from teaching.
I found the course a week before parent teacher interviews semester 2 and OMG I cried.
I was so stressed it was ridiculous and Rachel helped calm me down and showed me where to start in the course. Despite the small amount of time to prepare & it turned into a great experience, even though I was super anxious. It got easier and easier with each interview from having the right structure to run each meetings - something I was never shown PLUS having my students' data set up ready to access easily, was the game changer, that helped me feel more confident. No more being flustered!
The parents were appreciative for the special task (part of the course) and I went from scared, to feel good about the entire thing. The template you use for each meeting, OMG I will use forever!!!"
Hanna Reece, 2020 1st Year Teacher
YOU ARE IN THE BEGINNING STAGES OF YOUR CAREER,
YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO KNOW EVERYTHING
(despite what some teachers might tell you)
& WITHOUT THE RIGHT SUPPORT OR ACCESS TO THE RIGHT TOOLS,
YOU ARE GOING TO BE STRESSED
SO LET'S CHANGE THAT FOR YOU RIGHT NOW !!!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT INCLUDED
Up to 5 hours professional development available as part of this program, with certificate linked to standards below and professional reflection document for additional evidence.
AITSL STANDARDS: Graduate | Proficient | Highly Accomplished
3.7.1, 3.7.2, 3.7.3 Engage parents/carers, in the educative process
5.5.1, 5.5.2, 5.5.3 Report on Student Achievement
7.3.2, 7.3.2, 7.3.3 Engaging with the Parents/Carers
QA6 Collaborative Partnerships with Families and Communities
"Out of all the areas in teaching, parent teacher interviews scared me the most. I had a really bad experience in my first year and I am just petrified of doing them. I had a mentor who suggested this course and it was so easy to work through. You get all the right tools, structure and advice to run a PTI. You can access it year after year and there is a support group too. I highly recommend this course!!!"
- Hailey Connor, English/History Secondary Teacher (2 years)
"HOW TO NAIL YOUR REPORT WRITING"
I ALSO WANT TO GIVE YOU THE TRAINING MODULES FOR REPORT WRITING
LIFE TIME ACCESS + INCLUDES COMMENT BANKS, EXECUTIVE LANGUAGE BANKS + PROFESSIONAL FORMULA THAT HELPS YOU SATISFY THE TEACHING STANDARDS FOR REPORTING + FEEDBACK.
YOURS FREE + INCLUDED INSIDE THIS COURSE
YOUR BONUS COURSE > > > AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY ONCE YOU JOIN
This is an area that requires 'on the job learning' when teachers are at their busiest. This usually results in very little guidance and available support, and this is stressful.
The modules for reporting writing includes:
- Get clarity around the expectations for report writing as I walk you through examples/samples of primary and secondary student reports;
- 4 step formula for creating professional, individual unique comments;
- Language tools to help you with constructing professional reports;
- Understanding what is professionally required to report (learning + elements);
- How to include 'future focus' in report comments to empower students' growth;
- Learn how to use moments of reporting to assist students to set themselves up for success;
- Create professional report comments that are sensitive and respectful to students + parents/carers;
- Over 50 report comments to begin your own library bank of comments (this is what experiences teachers do over the years + absolutely priceless);
- Technical language library and professional vocabulary bank support for all different learning differences and attitudes;
- Template to record semester 1 and 2 student comments, for your documentation;
- Documents and curriculum tools to support your construction of individual reports + comments;
"I was given very little support with report writing. I had heard of Rachel's mentorship program and thought I'd try this one first. I did not expect to have access to so many helpful resources like the example comment library, language library + the template for storing semester 1 and semester 2, to help with storing data.
To have a formula that guided my report comments made the process much more manageable and walked through examples of reporting really gave me the overview I needed to feel more confident about completing my formal reporting.
If you are feeling lost like I did with it all and don't have a mentor who is willing to share all their knowledge and resources with you, then this course is your missing piece."
- Annerly Patricks, First Year Teaching (2021)
"This course is brilliant. I had no experience or help in my first 2 years of teaching and still felt unbelievably anxious about doing it this year. I saw the course on social media and that it gave you training videos, resources, tools and helped you with resolving possible conflict. I knew I needed to grow in this area and joined. Not only does the course walk you through how to write reports and set up your parent teacher, it helps you plan, prepare and then how to follow up with parents/ peers a high level of professionalism. This boosted my confidence and I received positive feedback from my Principal and mentor teacher.
For the first time in 3 years, I feel like I knew what I was doing. You will look at parent teacher interviews so differently once you do this course! And guess what... NO MORE ANXIETY for me about this! I feel great about this area now!"
- Abbey Miller, Year 5 (teaching 3yrs)
TEACHER MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Both of these online courses are FREE + included in the Beginning Teacher Mentorship Program as it is 1 of the 30+ courses/ areas inside the program.
Members access mentoring sessions to further discuss PTI's as well as everything else in your teacher life.
(these sessions are $899 per year, but yours free as part of the mentorship)
Details ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
"I had been talking to Rachel inside the beginning teachers lounge group about how to handle bringing up the discussion of a students' learning difficulties and what to say to parents so I don't offend. Her response and advice was incredible as I had not thought about how to support myself (evidence & peers advice) before approaching the parents, and the words she suggested I use as part of my approach were powerful! It was exactly what I was looking for and her knowledge oh human behaviour was amazing. The conversation I had with the parents was meaning and what I learnt from Rachel will stay with me for life. I have joined the mentorship program now and her wealth of knowledge, the resources she shares (even creates new things for us when we need) on top of the mentoring she provides has really been the confidence boost I needed."
- Elsey Jacobson, First Year Teacher Secondary 2021